The Rutland Community & Voluntary Sector Conference
The event is aimed at community organisations, groups, charities, voluntary organisations and social enterprises. The conference will help you continue to support people and places in Rutland, and to work in partnership to help to shape a resilient, well and prosperous Rutland.
This conference is being organised by the Rutland Wellbeing Service which helps Rutland citizens to improve their personal health and wellbeing and the overall welfare of the community.
- The importance of the community & voluntary sector - The Lord Lieutenant of Rutland Dr Sarah Furness
- 'Civil Society Strategy - Building a future that works for everyone' - Alison Adams – Office for Civil Society
- A role for the community and voluntary sector in addressing health challenges
- Helena Hughes, Altogether better
- Common priorities, shared endeavour - Karen Kibblewhite, Head of Commissioning at Rutland County Council
- Understanding the contribution of the community and voluntary sector to flourishing places - Rachel Quinn, D2N2, previously CEO of One East Midlands
- The language of social enterprise - Wray Irwin, Social Entrepreneur in residence, University of Northampton
- A resilient Uppingham - Ron Simpson, Uppingham First
- Wellbeing in Barrowden, a local approach - Sheila Saunders and Brian Edwards - Barrowden village
The Launch of the Healthy Rutland Small Grants Scheme
Date: 21st September
Time: 9.30am to 5.00pm
Venue: Oakham Rugby Club, Showground Way, Off Burley Park Way, Oakham. LE15 7TW
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.